Pages

Denim on Denim

CASUAL
Jean Jacket | thrifted       Shirt | Zara       Jeans | F21       Sneakers | Converse       Backpack | Brandy Melville

DRESSED UP
Denim Top | GAP       Fedora | Zara       Easy Jeans | American Apparel      Heels | local boutique      Clutch | F21
  
Hello friends! Ah, so I've joined in on the denim on denim trend. It seems that this look has been on the rise lately and to be honest, I really wasn't feeling it when I first saw it. There was this 90's mom vibe about it and I wasn't sure I could pull it off. Finally, I've set aside all my initials feelings toward this look and decided to try it on for myself and I quite like this little throwback to the 90's now. 

I've taken a huge liking to the color blue lately and since I've been trying to rework my wardrobe and find some spring/summer looks for the changing seasons, I decided to try and incorporate more blue in my looks. Thus, denim on denim did the job. The first casual look was inspired by Yanin from IDRESSMYSELFF. She had styled a strikingly similar denim x2 look with a Calvin Klein t-shirt and white trainers. Once I tried on a similar look with the components of my own closet, I developed a huge liking to the casual look. I felt like I could jump into an episode of Full House or maybe even Fresh Prince? 

For the second look, I just wanted to portray a dapper young lad (I have been inspired by a lot of the men's street style at fashion week), so I buttoned up a denim shirt all the way and threw on a fedora. I wanted the look to be as polished as possible, so I slicked my hair back into a low bun and done! To make this look a bit more feminine, I had to add the simple heels, which is my favorite part of the outfit. A clutch seemed to enhance the simple and sleekness of this look so I went with that. 

I hope you guys enjoyed these looks, and I hope you enjoyed the shades of blue. Are you guys proud of me? I put together a look that didn't contain a heavy amount of black! ;) 

Have a great week!

XO, 
Danica 

2 comments :

  1. Proud and astonished! ;) I knew you could do it. I really realllllly like the second look. I want to find a denim shirt like that now. I like that you were inspired by the men's street style, that's cool.
    I'll see you on the next season of Fresh Prince, my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! Denim shirts like that are everywhere! You'll definitely find one easily.
      HA! ;)

      Delete